The main purpose of exhibiting in the hotel and travel industry is to help both potential customers and the sellers of services (tour operators, hotels) to learn about all existing offers on the market, and in addition to help the later to find partners, especially in other countries and regions. Advertising at such trade shows by means of exhibition displays includes information about prices, booking conditions, seasonality, provides description of hotels, services, ect.
Attendants at trade shows in the hotel and travel industry try to achieve the following goals:
- To promote products and services – exhibiting gives an opportunity to showcase a large number of goods and services produced by the company. Attendees can get acquainted with visual materials about tours and hotels (videos, catalogs, brochures, etc.). For new products and services a trade show is a great place to learn the demand and introduce them to the international market.
- To study the market – exhibitors can sound out the demand for most goods and services, to clarify markets, identify new international markets. Trade shows, especially international ones, attract representatives of hotels and tour operators, entrepreneurs, sales agents from all around the world.
- To advertise goods and services. A trade show is a perfect place to meet with media, businessmen, experts, heads of various international, state and private organizations and businesses.
- To sell products and services. An exhibition allows attendants to conclude contracts as well as partnership and cooperation agreements. For example, in the hotel and travel trade shows participants try to conclude contracts for purchasing of wholesale tours, hotel accommodations, flight services, ect.
- To learn about competitors’ offers. It is probably the easiest way to do it here, at a trade show. You have a chance to meet and talk with your competitors directly. A neutral territory, which is provided by a trade show, has a great importance here. Exhibiting for travel companies can be seen as a promising activity to enhance partnerships. A large number of attendants and visitors at annual events of this kind prove their value to the success of travel and hotel business.